Feb 24, 2020
On today’s episode of the Journeywomen Podcast, Hunter Beless is chatting with Katie Gilbert about how we pour into one another in the context of community. This is the third episode in our series called “Keeping it Local: Leaning into Discipleship in your Local Context.” The idea behind this series is to encourage us all to seek out discipleship and learning with women we can spend time with face-to-face. Katie Gilbert is a young professional, living and working in the Upper Valley of New Hampshire. Katie originally moved to New Hampshire in 2000 with her family when her parents, Don and Dori Willeman, planted Christ Redeemer Church in Hanover, NH. She is a graduate of Gordon College with a BA in biblical studies and history with a concentration in museum studies. Katie loves hikes, books, good food and, most of all, her husband Jack.
Growing Together by Melissa Kruger (releasing later this year)
• How has your current community encouraged you in your walk with Christ?
• Do you find that you cherish the Word of God? Why or why not?
• What holds you back from further engaging in relationships in your local context?
• If you were to ask someone in your life, “will you teach me how to ___?” What would you ask them to teach you? Who would you ask?
• As a disciple of Christ, how you can further engage in your local community to walk in obedience to the call to “go and make disciples?”
Uncovering the Love of Jesus by Asheritah Ciuciu invites you to reclaim the Lenten season with 40 daily devotionals that reveal the magnitude of Jesus' love as displayed at the cross and tomb. Visit Uncoveringthelove.com to order your copy and download a FREE family activities guide.
Cherrybean Coffee Company is a small batch coffee roaster located in the midwest committed to roasting and providing you with FairTrade, organic coffee. Place an order online at cherrybean.net. Mention “Journeywomen” at checkout to add two samples to your order!
The Christian Standard Bible translation is built for the church. The She Reads Truth Bible is thoughtfully and artfully designed to highlight the beauty, goodness, and truth of scripture. The (in)Courage Devotional Bible provides a ton of devotional content centered around the messiness of life.
Support the podcast by writing a review
*Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support Journeywomen!