Sep 14, 2020
On today’s episode, we’re chatting about joy and sorrow with our dear friend, Abbey Wedgeworth. Abbey Wedgeworth is a wife, mom, and writer located on the South Carolina coast. She is passionate about Bible literacy and discipleship and loves to see how the gospel transforms how people think and live. Abbey is the author of Held: 31 Biblical Reflections on God’s Comfort and Care in the Sorrow of Miscarriage, the host of the Held podcast, and the curator of the annual Gentle Leading Advent Devotional for Moms. Connect with Abbey at abbeywedgeworth.com.
• How does the gospel enable you to be connected to God in the midst of your various joys and hardships?
• How does being connected to God change the way you engage with others, even if they are in a different season than you?
• What are some ways you have had to navigate the tension of sharing both joy and sorrow with other members of the body of Christ?
• What passages of Scripture can serve to point you to the gospel in the midst of both joy and sorrow?
• What are you going to do or implement as a result of what you’ve learned this week?
Dwell is an audio Bible app recommended by tons of Bible teachers and you all know that here at Journeywomen we love studying the Word of God! Visit dwellapp.io/journeywomen to get a 20% discount and start using your ears to renew your mind.
HelloFresh is America’s #1 meal kit, providing seasonal recipes and pre-measured ingredients delivered right to your door. Go to HelloFresh.com/80journeywomen and use code 80journeywomen to get a total of $80 off your first month.
Compassion’s mission is to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name, by offering millions of children around the world a holistic child development program, which blends physical, social, economic and spiritual care to help children in poverty fully mature in every facet of life. Get to know the children in poverty who are waiting for a sponsor at compassion.com/journeywomen.
Support the podcast by writing a review
*Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support Journeywomen!