Sep 2, 2019
On today’s episode of the Journeywomen podcast, I’m chatting with my friends Laura Wifler and Emily Jensen about perfectionism. If you know Laura and Emily of the Risen Motherhood podcast, it’s no surprise that this conversation really helped me apply the realities of the gospel to my performance-oriented, perfectionistic self.
So you’ll know them a little better, Emily Jensen and Laura Wifler are the co-founders of the Risen Motherhood ministry, and co-hosts of the weekly podcast. As sisters-in-law, Emily and Laura both live in central Iowa with their families. Their first co-written book, Risen Motherhood, releases September 3rd and is available anywhere books are sold and we highly recommend checking it out!
Gospel Fluency by Jeff Vanderstelt
A Gospel Primer by Milton Vincent
Risen Motherhood by Emily Jensen & Laura Wifler
CONNECT WITH RISEN MOTHERHOOD
• What are some areas in your life where you don’t feel like you are enough?
• Read 1 Peter 1:15-25. What do we learn about Jesus from this passage?
• How does the gospel redeem our perfectionism?
• Discuss the four parts of the gospel: Creation, Fall, Redemption, and Consummation.
• What are some areas you could grow in your ability to connect the gospel to the everyday moments in which you find yourself wanting to perform?
• What are you going to do or implement as a result of what you’ve learned this week?
Crossway has the best-selling book Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin which challenges you to go deeper in your study of Scripture with a clear plan you can use every time you open your Bible. The second edition includes new study questions with each chapter, perfect for small groups to go through together. Learn more and find other resources at crossway.org/journeywomen5/.
Prep Dish is a healthy subscription-based meal planning service that helps you save time and money. Prep Dish is offering our listeners a free 2-week trial of their Keto meal plan or their gluten free and paleo meal plans. To try Prep Dish free for 2 weeks go to prepdish.com/journey.
Support the podcast by writing a review
*Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support Journeywomen!