Sep 16, 2019
On today’s episode of the Journeywomen podcast, I’m chatting with Dr. Alexandria Ford about body image. I’m pretty sure I’ve said this every week during our series on living in light of redemption, but let me just say, if you’re struggling with body image--solidarity! I’ve been there. In this episode, Alex helps us understand how the whole person matters to God, that he has created us in his image, and that he has created every aspect of our being with a purpose. This conversation really helped me understand that recognizing the importance of human embodiment is necessary in order to fully understand who God has created us to be, especially when it comes to challenging topics, such as body image.
Toward a Theology of Human Embodiment by Gregg R. Allison
Love Thy Body by Nancy Pearcy
Body by Paula Gooder
CONNECT WITH ALEX
• How do you view your body?
• Have you found that your view of the body is distorted (such as a devaluing of the body or obsessing over the body)?
• What does Scripture say about the body?
• What encouragement do we have because of Christ?
• What would it look like to have a view of your body that is aligned with Scripture?
• What are you going to do or implement as a result of what you’ve learned this week?
His Testimonies, My Heritage is a new book by women of color on the word of God. Hear the voices of women of color on the most important subject in any age—the word of God. Pick up a copy of His Testimonies, My Heritage today at Amazon or thegoodbook.com.
Follow Us: Instagram | Facebook
Support the podcast by writing a review
*Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support Journeywomen!